Our Focus. Our Passion. Your Success.
EMD Strategies solves our clients’ toughest federal market challenges. Our experts use data, relationships, and best practices to win new federal business. We work across the business development lifecycle, driving innovation to improve industry best practices. Since 2007, we continue to deliver transformational outcomes for a demanding government marketplace.
Meet the Team
- Bethlehem, PA
- Let’s Make a Deal
- My grandmother Chloie
- Haymarket, VA
- The Titan Games
- Chicken nuggets
- Matt Stafford (Go Lions!)
- Lake Ridge, VA
- Titos and Soda
- Joan Holloway
- Birmingham, AL
- Cash Cab
- Dark chocolate peanut butter cups
- Ina Garten
Director of Operations
- Brentwood, CA
- Wheel of Fortune
- Hot Cheetos
- Meredith Grey
- Richmond, VA
- Family Feud
- My brother
- Washington, DC
- Family Feud
- Root Beer
- J.K. Rowling
- Clearwater, FL
- BBQ or Sushi
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
- Annandale, VA
- Dahi Puri
- My father-in-law
- Toronto, Canada
- Deal or No Deal
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- My mom
- Wooster, OH
- Sparkling Water
- Kanye West
- Union City, CA
- The Price is Right
- Afghan Food
- My dad
Meet our Principal Consultants
- 18+ years proposal management, pricing, business development
- Has supported DoD, DoL, Department of Agriculture, DHHS, GSA, DOI, Treasury
- IDIQ’s, GSA GWACs
- Shipley Certified
- 10+ years of federal capture and proposal management
- Works across the Department of Defense enterprise
- IDIQ and Task Order Optimization, Large Scale Proposal Efforts
- PMP, Shipley Certified
- 15+ years of capture, proposal management, technical writing and program management experience
- Largely works in DoD and Intelligence
- Program Management Advising, CMMI Support, Large DoD MACs
- TS Security Clearance SCI eligible
- 20+ years federal pricing and contracting experience, across IDIQ, MAS, CP, FFP, T&M contracts
- Supports full spectrum of national security operations
- Pricing/Price to Win Support, SubK Management
- TS Security Clearance, Member of NCMA
Jill Fink Rarig
- 15+ years of federal experience, managing and editing single award and large IDIQ’s
- Works across small and large businesses for all federal contracts
- Hands on, full cycle development of proposals
- Shipley Certified
- 20+ years consulting experience in technical editing, graphic design, and proposal management
- Caters variety of companies from large firms, federal defense contractors to local businesses
- Technical editing, graphic design, proposal management
- Shipley Certified
- 20+ years of federal contracting experience, proposal management and price to win support
- Experience across agencies and all levels of business
- Moving companies from subtractors to prime contractors
- TS/SCI with Poly, Shipley certified
- 15+ years of federal experience, in proposal management, compliance and white glove
- Experience across NIH, HHS, and across DoD
- VPC-2, IDIQ, Large scale proposal efforts
- TS Clearance, Shipley Certified
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s talk! We want to understand your situation, problems, and needs. As we talk, we will get to understand your challenges and recommend how we can help. We designed our offerings to be flexible in meeting the different challenges of each client. Generally, companies that are open to new strategies and growth are the best fit.
EMD Strategies follows a business development lifecycle based on industry best practices. This process is widely used throughout our industry and has been codified by organizations like the Association for Proposal Management Professionals (APMP), the Business Development Institute, and Shipley Associates. Every employee is required to obtain APMP’s Foundation-level Certification within one-year of employment.
We work with companies of all sizes, including the large integrators. While we were founded in 2010 with a focus on small business, we have found that every company has a challenge. We work to find solutions to those challenges whether its sizing the business development lifecycle into small and medium businesses or into specific units within a larger organization.
Currently, EMD Strategies is focused on growing and supporting our clients in the federal contracting market only.
Our projects support clients in a range of capability areas and agency customers. Agencies of focus vary with every engagement depending on your target market. We have supported clients in pursuit of opportunities with defense, intelligence, and civilian agencies.
We represent clients nationwide in a variety of industries and company sizes. We have represented one-person companies, commercial companies looking to “get their feet wet” in the federal market to small businesses needing more capture capacity, to new 8(a)s, graduating 8(a)s, mid-sized businesses and the largest systems integrator and Native-owned companies. We tailor our offerings to the specific goals and objectives of each client.
Our firm does not work on a contingent basis. Our pricing is affordable and gains you access to best practices and outside perspectives as well as an ongoing partnership.
Enterprise Management Development but no one calls us “Enterprise Management Development Strategies,” so we stick with EMD.
We have an agreement not to disclose the names of our clients without their permissions, but check back on the website soon for success stories featuring some of our best partnerships.
EMD Strategies ensures our clients’ proprietary information and internal proceedings are always fully protected. The only people with access to your information are team members assigned to your account. We firewall everyone else from viewing your proprietary information and have implemented a strict “No Share” policy so your opportunities and strategy will never be discussed with other team members without your consent.