The DHA IOD supports Wireless (WLAN) and Local Area Network (LAN)
capability to support network connectivity for all Information Technology systems
located in the Military Medical Treatment Facilities (MTFs) throughout the
Department of Defense (DoD). This includes engineering, deployment, and
sustainment activities for Guest Wireless, WLAN, and LAN capabilities.
The Guest Wireless capability is provided for all MTFs throughout the MHS. The
Guest Wireless contract provides sustainment support for the Guest Wireless
configurations, patch maintenance, and other troubleshooting efforts to provide
wireless capabilities to patients and guests in DHA clinics and hospitals. The WLAN
capability provides wireless capabilities to include wireless access controllers, access
points, cabling, and encryption of all user traffic in accordance with DISA STIG
requirements and RMF ATO accreditation baselines. The LAN capability provides
for physical network access via cable drops/plants, switch infrastructure throughout
the facilities and the baseline configuration of that switch infrastructure.
The scope of work includes supporting the worldwide sustainment of the Guest
Wireless, WLAN, and LAN capability to include design, develop, modify, upgrade,
test, troubleshoot, implement, support, and sustain
- The Contractor shall provide:
- Project management oversight of the current LAN/WLAN network infrastructure projects taking place throughout the DHA Enterprise.
- LAN/WLAN and GENESIS just-in-time deployment support as well as supporting Health Facilities MILCON and renovation network infrastructure projects.
- Monitor wireless performance, network appliance security and event logs, customer requests for wireless access, and software license usage.
- Ensure the wireless infrastructure and software meet IA configuration requirements. Install patches, software updates, and new software versions, as provided by the government, to meet Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) requirements.
- Tier III SME-level technical engineering support to production network solutions.
- Lead and support the planning, design, implementation, and integration of programmable network solutions – Automation.