The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has a need for information
technology (IT) program support services further referred to as Integrated
Program Support Services (IPSS3) that will enable sound IT and portfolio
management practices and consistently high-quality delivery of program
contract support for DOT. The IPSS3 contract vehicle will provide support
task orders of varying technical and programmatic complexity across DOT.
The IPSS3 contract will enable DOT to achieve the following objectives:
– Effectively identify, prioritize, and close performance gaps through
information and technology management solutions.
– Ensure that the best practical and cost-effective technology is
applied to meet DOT’s current and future information technology,
data, processes, and automation needs, which includes but not
limited to, prioritization around available DOT Enterprise Shared
– Improve contract and grants management performance and reduce
contract administration costs across the Department for similar
– Improve quality of the IT Portfolio and ensure alignment (line of
sight) of the IT investments, programs, and projects to strategic goals.
– Provide comprehensive and transparent IT services to DOT
throughout the IT investment lifecycle and, thus, forge further data
and technology-driven partnerships with the staff and line
– Ensure uninterrupted mission delivery to citizens and stakeholders.
– Support the implementation of key Federal statutes, mandates, policies and directives
including the Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA),
Data Accountability and Transparency Act (DATA Act), Clinger Cohen Act,
Government Performance Results Act (GPRA), Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA), the
Privacy Act, the E-Government Act, Federal Information Security Management Act
(FISMA), The Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act of 2018, The
President’s Management Agenda (PMA) Vision and Office of Management and
Budget (OMB) Circulars and Memoranda, Executive Order 14028, Improving the
Nations’ Cybersecurity, and Federal Data Strategy.
1. Data, Information Management and Governance Support Services2. IT Strategic Planning Support Services 3. Analytical and Administrative Support Services 4. IT Portfolio Management and CPIC Support Services 5. Enterprise, Segment, and Solution Architecture Support Services 6. IT Infrastructure Planning Support Services 7. Program Management Office (PMO) Support Services 8. Sourcing and General Acquisition Support Services 9. Organizational Development and Human Capital Management Support Services 10. Communication and Training Support Services