The OCIOs Application Division provides services to design, develop, operate, maintain, and enhance key business and mission-supporting platforms, applications and infrastructure used across the Agency. The primary purpose of the EAST 2 contract is to provide all services necessary to operate the NASA Agency Applications Office, Web Services Office, Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) and Langley Research Center (LaRC) specific application development and delivery services, platform development and support services, enterprise automation services (including: SAP, Salesforce, ServiceNow, O365, SharePoint, DevSecOps, etc.), enterprise data platform services (including: Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning / Robotic Process Automation / Chat Bots) and to optionally incorporate other NASA Center-specific business enabling applications, websites, and mobile apps.
Currently each Center CIO organization provides application delivery services to the Center through center local support contracts, except for MSFC and LaRC who are currently leveraging the existing EAST 2 contract.
In support of NASAs One NASA enterprise model, and the CIO organizational transformation, this contract will be critical in consolidating the scope of NASA’s CIO application and platform services at NASA Centers, IT Programs, and the NASA Shared Services Center (NSSC). The proposed contract has the potential to consolidate the application and platform services requirements from several existing contract vehicles.
The NCAPS acquisition will support the OCIO Application Division transformation into the Application and Platform Service (APS) Line with Agile based service delivery and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) based service management practices. The nature of APS and implementation model requires extensive collaboration and integration which is vital to the planning, design, and development of mission-related capabilities and technology in the future.
As NASA focuses its attention on the successful accomplishment of its core mission objectives, it is imperative that all applications and platforms operate securely, reliably and efficiently with standardization, transparency, and interoperability. It is critical that application and platform and development processes incorporate a customer-centric approach to support services. In addition, it is imperative that application and platform services as supporting functionsare offered to the Agency through lean, scalable, and agile practices at the best possible value, while also conforming to federal and agency policies and requirements. Engagement and coordination with the Agency IT Project Management Office (ITPMO) and governing bodies (ECCB, etc.) will be required based on the size and scope of the work in accordance with NASA NPD 7120.
The contract scope includes products and services related to business enabling applications and platforms. This contract will be required for general IT, customer support, information management services, and integration of the currently decentralized support contracts from across NASA’s centers to one centralized source of support.
- Operations, maintenance, enhancement and end-user support for Center and Agency applications, mobile apps, websites, and information systems including:
- Requirement development and management
- Design, configuration, and development
- Functional testing
- Change management
- Platform applications support services (currently includes: SAP, Salesforce, ServiceNow, O365, SharePoint, DevSecOps, etc.)
- Application and platform compliance with government information security management policies and procedures including, for example, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and NASA specific policies
- IT systems engineering, modernization, management, and operations support services
- Information and data analytics services, including data science, big data and advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning methods and practices
- Digital Transformation automation support services (Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning / Robotic Process Automation / Chat Bots) and emerging technologies
- Expertise in Agile and scaling agile (i.e., Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) for Lean Enterprises) frameworks
- Full-system life cycle and process execution support for new and existing application capabilities
- Continuing review of NASA’s legacy applications, for recommendation to deprecate, upgrade, replace, or rationalization/consolidation for efficiency, cost, and modernization
- Facilitation of service integration among existing local and Agency contracts
- Relationship management between contractor, OCIO service lines, customers, and other stakeholders
- Support, develop and maintain enterprise IT governance, policies, and processes
- Purchasing, renewal and tracking software licensing and maintenance
- Brokering of cloud services (i.e., Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure) including platform as a service (PaaS) to NASA customers for development and maintenance of cloud-based applications
- Integration services, including integration architecture, service-oriented architecture, web services, and technical integration support.
- Quality management, including plan quality, quality assurance, and quality control.